JBF Consulting was commissioned after vendor selection to implement a TMS for this global food supply chain services integrator. After partnering with the client to understand the objectives and requirements, we determined that the TMS selected and licensed by the client was a poor fit for their functional requirements.
With limited time to present their end-customer with a solution, the client and JBF were forced to proceed with an implementation of a TMS that would:
- Optimally select ocean container sizes based on expected vendor production
- Optimally select port routing and service level determination (RIPI / IPI) for dozens of global trade lanes Determine which DC the product would be shipped to based on an approximation of on-hand inventory and required safety stock
- Organize and manage the order workflow into ‘programs and promotions’ that became the basis of demand and volume to execute in the TMS as an ‘order’
With such a complex set of requirements, and approximately 20% fit to requirements - JBF was able to design and deliver a solution completely inside the TMS for the client. Not only was the project a success built upon the creativity and working knowledge of the TMS, but the solution has been stable and continually used by the client now for over 10 years.
- Blue Yonder TMS software installation, business process & integration design, configuration, testing and end-user training
- Engineered a ‘Rapid Prototyping’ approach that enabled the project team to quickly rebuild and reconfigure the TMS in order to test multiple solution and optimization scenarios quickly
- Created a promotions order management system within the TMS by leveraging custom tables and views
- Executed optimization ‘Bake Off’ between the client’s incumbent optimization software and our engineered prototype using standard TMS optimization logic, that ultimately resulted in implementing our TMS approach
- Created an inventory allocation and fulfillment engine within the TMS by leveraging custom tables and views
$4b FOOD SUPPLY CHAIN INTEGRATOR
TYPE: NEW IMPLEMENTATION
APPLICATIONS: BLUE YONDER TMS