JBF Consulting partnered with a large retailer to implement the Blue Yonder Cloud based Transportation Management System (TMS). Phase 1 stood up the new TMS and provided planning and execution features for outbound store deliveries.
Phase 2 was a migration from an older version of Manugistics/JDA for inbound transportation planning and execution. For the implementation and upgrade, JBF provided Superuser and staff augmentation resources with deep knowledge of both the Blue Yonder solution and client business operations.
- Business requirements validation for inbound and outbound
- Base data collection and uploading into the TMS
- Leveraged Agile project methodology
- Creation of new business processes
- System configuration and testing
- End user training for a staff of over 20 end users
- Trained new staff of Superusers and provided SOP documentation
- Custom script creation, testing, and rollout
- Pilot testing prior to Go-Live
- Hypercare support for dozens of rollouts
- Converting from static outbound routing to dynamic planning resulted approximately 5-10% cost savings and reduced miles driven for dedicated fleets
- Enabled functionality which allowed sunsetting of antiquated and unsupported systems, reducing transportation systems risk
TYPE: IMPLEMENTATION AND UPGRADE
CLOUD TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT