Welcome to the June 2020 Freight Transportation BulletinGlobal economics, freight markets and technological innovation all impact your supply chains and logistics operations.
To keep you informed, JBF Consulting team sources content from leading industry analysts as well as provide our own take on our primary area of expertise, namely logistics technology.
We also encourage you to subscribe to this newsletter to receive future editions beyond the initial release. Sharing is encouraged!
In This Issue:
- Supply Chain Design and Data Manipulation
- Market Guide for Vehicle Routing and Scheduling
- Llamacon NOW 2020 Recap
- Are So-Called ‘Digital Transformations’ Really Transformative?
- Industry News & Insights Roundup
- Industry Events
Supply Chain Design and Data Manipulation
A lot of the work involved in Supply Chain Design (SCD), also called Network Design and Network Optimization, requires the manipulation of large quantities of data. Data manipulation is one of the most important skills to have when conducting a Supply Chain Design study. Which tool should you use? Read the full article here.
Market Guide for Vehicle Routing and Scheduling
by Bart De Muynck
Recap: #Llamacon Now 2020
Llamacon conference is a yearly event held by Llamasoft that brings together the world community of Supply Chain Design (SCD). This year it was presented virtually. Here’s our recap.
Are So-Called ‘Digital Transformations’ Really Transformative?
If you’re the organization buying the ‘digital transformation’ – the tool and the process of implementing the tool isn’t a complete solution. Read the full article here.
Industry News & Insights Roundup
A summary of relevant articles we’re reading…
- ATA Truck Tonnage Index Fell 1% in May [Trucking.org]
- Accessing Analytics & Metrics to Meet On-Time In-Full Performance Goals & Customer Expectations [Freightwaves]
- Formulating a Predictive Flow (case study) [Inbound Logistics]
- The Evolution of E-Commerce: Shaping Benefits from Emerging Technologies [Logistics Management]
- Are only 12% of supply chain pros are using AI? [Supply Chain Dive]
- Supply Chain Distribution and the Coronavirus Pandemic: Transformation and Disruption [SDC Executive]
- The Future of Supply Chain Automation [Visual Capitalist]
- Supply chains and the power of Artificial Intelligence [The Manufacturer]
Upcoming Industry Events
During the COVID-19 pandemic tech conferences are being canceled, postponed, or turned into virtual events. This information is current as of June 26, 2020. Refer to this website for a list of industry conferences.
|Aug 23 – 26 |
In.Sight User Conference 2020
NOW a Virtual Event
|Sep 28 – 30 |
PARCEL Forum 2020
|Sep 8 – 11|
Supply Chain Insights 2030 Summit
|Sep 28 – Oct 1|
SOAR 2020 – CANCELLED
|Sep 13 – 20|
|Sep 30 – Oct 2|
SCMA National Conference
|Sep 20 – 23|
CSCMP edge 2020
NOW a Virtual Event
|Additional industry conferences|
JBF Consulting specializes in helping large shippers select, implement and manage their Transportation & Fleet Management systems so they can get more out of their investment. To contact JBF Consulting call 203-807-5231 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org