Welcome to the December 2020 issue of JBF Freight Transportation Industry Bulletin, a monthly newsletter curated by the JBF Consulting team, with a focus on supply chain, transportation, logistics and of course freight.
In This Issue
- The Year in Review
- JBF Consulting Unveils a Brand New Website Experience
- Leadership in a New TMS Environment
- The Logistics of S. Claus, Inc.
- Happy Holidays from the JBF Consulting Team
Would you like to receive the Monthly Bulletin in your email box? Subscribe right here.
The Year in Review
No doubt 2020 was a wild year for our industry. The disruption and challenges of transport during a pandemic and its impact on supply chain maintained headlines throughout the year. On an optimistic note, 2020 concludes with the massive undertaking of logistical hurdles in safely transporting and distributing COVID-19 vaccines across the US. Check out Pfizer-BioNTech’s distribution plan.
Here are some notable highlights of 2020:
- Formation of the Digital LTL Council – a group of more than 20 motor carriers, brokers/3PLs, shippers, and technology providers has formed the Digital LTL Council to develop a set of standards that will allow the automation and digitization of less-than-truckload shipments.
- A rise in digital freight networks (DFN) also known as digital freight brokers to serve as an online matchmaker, bringing together shippers with available loads and trucking companies with available capacity.
- Increased supply chain and predictive analytics using sophisticated models to allow supply chain managers to determine detailed inventory requirements by region, location and usage.
- Integration of freight platforms with TMS – a combination that could help users improve efficiency, increase visibility and reduce transportation costs. An example of this is the partnership between BluJay and Loadsmart.
- Power-only and drop-trailer moves increase in 2020 – supply chain dislocation and tight truck capacity have intensified shippers’ demand for power-only and drop-trailer solutions, accelerating a trend that has been years in the making.
Welcome to the new look for JBF Consulting
With a new year, JBF Consulting unveils a brand new look and enhanced website. Some of the new features include:
- Client focused technology expertise
- Meet the leadership team
- NEW: “Detention in Trucking” ebook
- Success stories
- NEW: Request a Complimentary TMS Assessment
There are everyday leaders in classrooms, volunteer organizations, houses of worship, and our family households. Is a leader the boisterous, cocky, ‘smartest guy in the room’ type? Maybe for some… Read more….
Is there any supply chain in the world as large and complex as the one headed up by Santa Claus? In the midst of the holidays (perhaps a bit tempered this pandemic year), many of us eagerly await the arrival of Saint Nick and the goodies he promises. But consider the following… Read more…
Happy Holidays From the JBF Consulting Team
Merry Christmas Everyone!
The fine print: This newsletter is being provided to the reader as a general overview of current market conditions and contains information compiled by JBF Consulting from a variety of sources.
This newsletter is provided solely for general informational purposes and is not intended to be, nor should it be construed by the reader as, specific advice or a solution tailored to a particular company or client.
Before acting on any information, you should consider the appropriateness of the information provided to your company’s circumstances and it is recommended that you seek independent advice if you have questions specific to your own objectives.